FMP changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP changes

Has anyone else noticed the difference in FMP searches?

I don't like it very much!
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

I’ve noticed that as you search and add in more terms, a wee blue button near the bottom of the page gives you the number of current hits.
    I can’t say I’ve spotted anything else Sylvia. What was it that you don’t like?

Comment

The format of the results page seems to have changed? I'm not too keen on the current screen view.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I really like FMP now, prefer it to Ancestry

Comment

Janet ...... that's it.

You used to be able to see the listing of sources down the side. Now you have a click on Filter to find Censuses, Military Records, etc

I was going round in little circles last night trying to find something!
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

you can go to the old search records here

Comment

Thanks Val .............

I did look for that, and couldn't find it.

Comment

I hadn't even realised they could still be assessed.

Comment

I rather like the changes. The blue button telling you how many results is very handy and I much prefer the new way pf sorting the columns, much more straightforward!! If only Ancestry had that facility .....
                  Caroline
                  Caroline's Family History Pages
                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Yes, the new blue bit at the bottom telling you how many results there will be is great. Saves time putting in unneccesary info. HOWEVER do beware of it. I was giving up on a search which said there were no results, tried a few times in different ways. Then when I did click the no results button there were loads of results, including the one I was looking for.
                    The thing I dislike is when you search on immigration and the results include loads of british and Irish Roots collection' results.
                    Anne
                    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 26-03-18, 06:57.

Comment

Oh and you do need to keep an eye on what the filters are doing - they don't always clear correctly.
                      Caroline
                      Caroline's Family History Pages
                      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                      X