Fingers and everything crossed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingers and everything crossed

I am really hoping, I have finally found what happened to somebody after her marriage in 1882.
    Decided to look for any children born to her and her husband, found one born and died in 1883, then found a death for a woman ,same name and age as the wife also in 1883,. also found burials for both .
    Took a chance and ordered both, so excited doubt I shall sleep much, funny how these things affect us.

Hope it all works out Val ✌️

Comment

I know just how full of anticipation you must be feeling. been there a few times myself on this journey. I shall be keeping everything crossed for you until you get those two certs - when are they due to arrive? Please do let us know as soon as you hear.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks, I have ordered the pdfs, really hoping they aren't busy and they arrive quickly.
        Shall be so upset if its wrong.

Comment

I have to order a death certificate for a woman who MIGHT be my missing gt grandmother ............. she was called Hannah, occasionally found as Annie on both census and birth certificates/baptisms.

She and her youngest child, a daughter, disappear between 1891 and 1901. I looked in vain for possible deaths/burials, nada.

Then help from others found her as Annie working as housekeeper for someone else in 1901, daughter with her. She was still housekeeper for the same guy, and daughter with them in 1911 but living in another town, but he died soon after that.

Now I've found a possible death for her in that town, age is within the range.

Maybe I've found her after all!

Grandfather never talked about any of his family, and I've found out that he had many siblings :(
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

are you going to send for it? I think £6 is a fair price for them.

Comment

of course I am!!
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Good luck to both of you. Hope it they turn out to be your relatives!!
                Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

hi Sylvia,
                  where was your great grandmother from, as my grand mother was also Hannah who married in 1883 in Yorkshire. had my father been a lot younger when I was born she would have been my great grand mother . I doubt if same one as I have relatives in Vancouver who know more than I about our family history . Hannah must have been quite a popular name then days. Also my maternal side are from Wales. just coincidence I think. Good luck anyway

Comment

meant to say called Roberts from wales

Comment

Verana ........... my lot are from Lancashire. She lived in Oldham and then moved to Salford, which is only the other side of Manchester.

Hannah was a common name back then .......... a good biblical name!

Comment

Sylvia Thank you for reply. I wish you luck with your research. I had forgotten about Hannah in the bible. I recently bought an very old bible . a lord Wharton left a legacy to issue a 1000 bibles a year to the children of the Yorkshire villages, Mine was given to a child in the 1800s at the church that the bronte sisters went to and their father was the vicar. I googled lord Wharton and was quite amazed as this tradition still is going on.

Comment

verana ...... that is amazing!

Comment

Well finally arrived, was right about the children, twins that were born and died in 1883, but the mothers death I sent for does not look right, right name and age but wrong husband.
                            Father remarried and had a child in 1888, so it looks like the wife did die ,between the twins births in 1883 and his remarriage in 1885? unless she just left him.

Comment

Or the husbands name is an error on the record? Does the occupation or address match anything you have?

Comment

The first marriage says he is a Printer , the twins deaths say Father William Brown a Lithographic Printer, and thats what it says on the second marriage, so am assuming its the right lot.
                                Not had any luck finding the address given , on the twins Baps or Deaths
                                Did wonder if the mother died in childbirth?
                                Last edited by Guest; 03-04-18, 23:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X