Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage record for Samuel Beagley and Susannah Watkins

Hello,

Samuel was born in Farringdon, Hampshire in 1806 and was a bricklayer. Susannah was born in St. Weonards, Herefordshire in 1801 (discovered by one child staying with a relative). They were having children as early as 1827 in Kensington. Susannah died in Lambeth in 1847 and Samuel remarried. I've never been able to locate a marriage record. The Beagley surname is often misspelt.

I'd appreciate any information,

Adam

Where have you already looked, Adam? (so that people don't waste time duplicating searches.) What earlier references do you have for them, please, as the 1841 census return won't record the place of birth for Susannah, only whether or not she was a native of the county in which she was recorded.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

FMP Greater London Marriage index has

Samuel Beagley marrying Susan Watkins on the 14/08/1824 Kensington, Middlesex.
      No image.

The 1841 has the family in Lambeth, Surrey with Samuel, Susannah and two of the children not born in County

Vera
      Last edited by vera2013; 08-03-18, 15:38.

Comment

There are several Public Family Trees on ancestry that have Samuel and Susan(nah)'s marriage without the documentation.
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Adam please exercise caution with the 1824 marriage. No image so can't get extra info to support its your Samuel and Susannah altho likely.

I note that Helen was baptised St Mary Abbots but can't see William altho there is a George baptised Aldgate in the City of London.

Could be the parents married St Mary Abbots which is in Kensingtn but their marriage records are not yet online for 1824. Hopefully soon if they survived.

Vera
            Last edited by vera2013; 10-03-18, 00:37.

Comment

Working...
            X