William Bromley Davenport again !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Bromley Davenport again !

Just wondering if anyone can find this little boy's baptism in Congleton Cheshire in 1906 and his burial in Congleton in 1907 . I've tried Ancestry as I have a subscription to that but no luck . I believe his parents are Charles Henry and Caroline Davenport . Well that's what I'm banking on !
    I feel sure they would have had him baptised as they did their other children although having said that I've just seen in my notes that I couldn't find baptisms for their 3 younger children James 1896, Harry 1899/1900, and Elsie 1902 . I'm sure they were still living in Congleton at the time of these births too ! The older children were baptised at Buglawton - Ellen in 1883 and St. Peter's Congleton Alice 1885, Charles 1886, Annie 1887, and Holy Trinity Mossley - Lucy in 1890 . I was expecting James,Harry,Elsie and any younger children including William Bromley to be baptised there too .
    Just thought I'd ask in case I'm missing something obvious as I feel like I'm going round in circles !
    Thanks for reading this
    Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Liz there is this odd one. Might not be yours though. Odd because this is in the transcription but not on the image. Birth registration not baptism.
    WILLIAM DAVENPORT
    Birth year 1907
    Birth quarter 2
    Registration month -
    Mother's last name Gee
    District Congleton
    County Cheshire
    Country England
    Volume 8A
    Page 291
    Record set England & Wales Births 1837-2006

Sorry cannot see a baptism or burial for you.

Just remembered FMP are adding MMN to births, hence Gee. Forget this one!!
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 07-03-18, 18:00.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks Kat, I'll keep looking
      Liz

Comment

Liz ..........

I have the same problem with 2 younger children of a sibling of my gr gt grandfather. All his other children baptised, but not these two. Yet they both appear on censuses, and one gives father's name on marriage certificate.

Same parent confused me because I could never find a burial for him, until 3 nights ago .............. a similar name appeared on the Non-Denomination listing on ancestry. Yep ........... he'd had a son and then himself buried in the Congregational Cemetery, not by the Anglican Church where every other ceremony from birth to death had taken place.

I'm now thinking I might have to search those records for the 2 baptisms!

I don't usually buy birth certificates for siblings, only for our direct ancestors
        Last edited by Sylvia C; 08-03-18, 04:13.
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thank you Sylvia
          Your story is interesting and how strange to suddenly go down the non conformist route . I'm puzzled with the Davenports because as far as I know they never strayed far from the Mossley area of Congleton after they were married until they emigrated to Canada with all but one of their children ! . St. Peter's church is probably about the same distance from their home at cross lane farm as Holy Trinity Mossley is . Quite why they decided to have Lucy baptised there rather than St. Peter's where the older children were baptised I really don't know ! I will keep looking for the baptisms of the three younger children and William Bromley and maybe I should spread the net a bit wider as you did .
          Thanks again for your comments
          Liz

Comment

Working...
          X