What’s happened at MyHeritage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s happened at MyHeritage?

I have a free account at MH as I uploaded my raw data from another company.
    Until this morning, I could see the family sites and trees that matched with me provided they were not private and you had to ask the owner if you could join.
    Now I am being asked to buy a subscription to see information in a MyHeritage family site and a tree that has a match to me. I know the match is there because their system told me that there was a new family discovery.
    I had read on the web and also received an internal email a couple of weeks ago to say that the company was now allowing free contact between DNA matches. I thought this a bit odd as I already could make contact with people and they with me and I have explored a couple of trees and family sites since I joined.
    Why has everything gone the opposite way for me now? Has anyone else had the same problem?
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 18-02-18, 12:54.

I found a new DNA match a few weeks ago & he invited me to his My Heritage website. I have a free account (but haven't uploaded my FTDNA results) & I am still able to view his tree.

Comment

Thanks Vivian. Must be something wrong with my account. Oddly though, the three people whom I have asked to join their private family sites have never replied to me. The contacts and look ups I have done were public trees/sites.

Comment

Working...
      X