Helpful hint: Postems on FreeBMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful hint: Postems on FreeBMD

Postems are notes shown by a small envelope on the results page of a search.
    Sometimes the info contained is extra information as shown in the one pasted below or that a copy is available as it was a "wrong cert" and contact details given.

Marriages Dec 1904 (>99%)
    Ritchings Emily Haslingden 8e 281 Scan available - click to view Postem available - click to view

2 postems for this one:

26/01/2010 Father William James Ritchings. Married James Frederick Wilkinson at Bacup
    26/01/2015 20 November 1904 Wesleyan Chapel, Mount Pleasant, Bacup. Emily Ritchings age 22 Spinster occ Cotton Weaver. Resident 3 Harper Street, Bacup. Father William James Ritchings, occ Cotton Weaver. Witnesses Charles William Pollard and Bertha Ritchings
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Thanks for the reminder, I need to add some for some of the certs I have.

Comment

I have a few I keep meaning to add. I was reminded about this envelope when I found one when I was searching for a marriage for a friend. Unfortunately it wasn't the right one but how many of us would think to open the envelope even if we saw it there - but now you know it could be there....
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I have been doing this for years and have even had a contact out of it (I put my gmail address on there). Even if the postem shows it's the wrong people, that might save someone from ordering the wrong cert.

OC

Comment

I've done it in the past. Once or twice it saved me from ordering an incorrect cert.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
            I have been doing this for years and have even had a contact out of it (I put my gmail address on there). Even if the postem shows it's the wrong people, that might save someone from ordering the wrong cert.

OC
            Hadn't thought of doing this as I had never seen a postem on an entry I was looking at!

I will enter up all my wrong certs now as I hate throwing them away. I will put them as comments on ancestry too as I suspect nowadays more people look on there.

Margaret
            Last edited by margaretmarch; 19-01-18, 11:18.

Comment

Margaret

Not just wrong certs I enter the right certs too. Every cert that comes my way in fact.

OC

Comment

The postem I remember adding was where the GRO index and the FreeBMD entry that was transcribed from it had the wrong initial letter for the surname. The only correct records were the certificate itself and the local register entry.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                X