X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of Florence Pepper

Hello,

This may be a bit of a stretch.

My grandad's paternal grandmother was Florence Pepper, born Harding. She married Frank Pepper in 1896 in Newington. Frank died in 1922, in Ireland. My grandad does not know what became of his grandmother, but presumes she died before his birth in 1939. Her only daughter was Irene (born Florence Sarah Irene) who died in 1976, in Cambridge as Lipman.

I would appreciate any help,

Adam

As Frank's status is recorded as married on his death cert, Florence was presumably still alive in 1922. Informant was the daughter, Irene.

I can't find a Florence Pepper dying in Ireland (records go to 1966.)

Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 21-12-17, 17:41.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Maybe she remarried?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
        Maybe she remarried?
        Maybe, but couldn't find a marriage for her in Ireland either...(records go to 1941)
        Last edited by Karamazov; 21-12-17, 18:19.
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

"Married" on the death cert suggests that Frank had a wife, but doesn't mean it had to be Florence. Could she have predeceased Frank and he remarried; or alternatively she'd left him. or the question was misunderstood and the response was that he had once been married?
          I'm finding it a bit odd that his 19 yr old daughter registered the death, rather than the widow.

Jay
          Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 21-12-17, 19:49.
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

My grandad only has one picture of Florence, and she's in a wheelchair. There's also a picture of his mother in the same wheelchair. Sorry for the lack of information.

Comment

Adam can't see Florence Pepper b 1872 anywhere in Ireland. She is not with Florence S I Lipman on the 1938 Census in Cambridge.
              The only one I can see is a Florence S Harding who died in Dublin 1945 aged 73 so dob fits. She had a necrotic leg. Informant was her nephew surname Rathbone???

Any idea how old your grandfather's mother was when pictured in the photo with Florence b 1872.

Vera
              Last edited by vera2013; 22-12-17, 11:43.

Comment

That sounds a good find, Vera

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks Jay but not her. Just found a birth for a Florence Selina 1871 South Co Dublin.

Vera

Comment

In the picture my grandad's mum is about in her mid twenties maybe, so that would put his grandma at about 50.

Comment

Could she have died in england or northern ireland?

Comment

It's definitely possible.

Comment

Working...
                        X