Ancestry deceased people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry deceased people

I have given my permission for somebody to view my tree, but he is saying he cannot view a lot of them ,as they are not marked as deceased, even ones from the 1700s.
    Surely even if you dont have a death date for them, and they would be over a 100 years old they would be automatically marked as deceased, hope so as if not I have a lot of work to do.

I've seen complaints about this on the FTM and Ancestry Facebook pages. :(
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I wouldn't swear to it but for Ancestry at least when you add a new person to the tree it won't add the person until you have chosen deceased or alive on the form. If you have chosen deceased then surely that should be recognised without having to add a date as well. I can't say I have ever visited a tree and not been able to see it all though. Most odd.

Edit:
      Just realised if you add a family from a census you are not asked that deceased or alive question. But still say I haven't come across that problem myself.
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 16-12-17, 08:37.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks for your responses, I had a quick look through some and they are marked as deceased, if over a 100, think I shall have to contact Ancestry AGAIN, am getting a bit cheesed off with so much not being right.
        Is anybody else getting the bar at the top saying this site uses Cookies etc etc??? I am now getting two bars each time I look for somebody's records. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Been driving me mad this morning too Val. One is bad enough but two ..bah!
          Kat

Comment

was starting to think it was me are you getting it on every page? its driving me mad, takes up a lot of room on the page.

Comment

Yes every page and it's still doing it. Mine is giving two different messages Cookies and Privacy.
              Last edited by Katarzyna; 16-12-17, 16:36.
              Kat

Comment

Mine has been doing this for months now. It's really annoying. I have my pc set to accept cookies from ancestry so once it has been read, it should not come back. I also now have two bars since the privacy update was announced.

Comment

I was thinking of clearing my cookies, but dont really like doing that.

Comment

Sounds like they're doing upgrades or adding new records? Gotta have a sweet deal to offer for xmas etc right?

Comment

Working...
                    X