James Pearman provides a chuckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Pearman provides a chuckle

Did not cancel my monthly subscription to Ancestry so ended up with another month. Can't waste it (although I'm wasting lots of time) so thought I would wander around my Thackham line and my greatgreat grandmother's sister Ellen. With her first husband James Pearman she had a son Francis David born 1866. He married Geraldine Allan and had five children. So I'm digging around to see what I can find about the first son James Francis. According to his B.C. death certificate he was born 16 August 1896 in Southampton. The only James Francis in free bmd was born in Basingstoke district. His parents are listed as Francis David Pearman and Geraldine Mary Allan and his wife is Georgia Cameron. Then I discover he joined the Canadian Expeditionary Force in Esquimalt in November 1914 and claims his birthday is 16 Aug 1893. Next I find his marriage certificate (we are lucky in B.C. many of the certificates are online for printing off for free). In 1926 he claims to be born in Winnipeg to James Francis Pearman (a Canadian) and Jeraldine Allen born in Butte USA. His bride is Georgia Booth Cameron. An example to not believe everything on certificates. This fellow will need a whole shaker of salt not just a grain. And I wonder if my grandfather was aware of all the relations that made it to B.C. Now realllly I must get some housework done..... NOT
    Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons
Working...
X