Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atherton One-Name Study

Hi there,

Just a quick note to let you know that I am researching the name of Atherton (world-wide) - yes I know, I must be mad - any help with your own Atherton family on my website would be very much appreciated.

My website is at www.athertonons.com and it is easy to contact me through that site if you would prefer?

Although predominantly Lancashire, England based - it does not help when the name Atherton is a location in Lancashire (causes chaos when searching) - the name appears in every corner of this planet - and there are only so many hours in a day to research when, I allow 3 mornings a week for golf and have 4 grandchildren! Good job I'm retired!

A small tip I would mention when using my site - search for the "non-Atherton" initially (if you know of course) - you can imagine with over 45,000 names there are a good number of Mary, Charles, David, James, John, William etc etc.

Good hunting!
    Derek
    The Atherton One Name Study

I do a one name study too and I agree ..... searching for the spouse surname in your lists helps to pin down the correct William or John or Elizabeth! The name I reaseach is Arrand (and Arran or Harrand) and it is much less common than yours, so good luck to you!!
    Anne

Comment

I went to school in Oldham with an ...........Atherton born 1940, she had a younger brother ..... born ca 1942/4. I don't know where they were born, but they had moved to live in the Saddleworth area by the time I knew them.

I don't see an ....... in your listing, she married a .......I think.

I have had to remove the names as they could still be alive. If you know they are deceased we can put them back in. Otherwise you need to send a PM.
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 29-11-17, 09:30.
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Anne,

I need all the luck in the world - and then some!

Thanks
        Derek
        The Atherton One Name Study

Comment

oops ...........

sorry Chrissie. I wasn't thinking last night.

Thank you
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Don't worry Sylvia, we have all done it by mistake at some time. That's what we are here for
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi we are Norfolk and there are Athertons living locally here - my youngest son went to school with one

Comment

Working...
              X