Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get a printed copy of family tree

Hi,

My father had invested quite a bit of time in researching our family tree.

He passed away without producing a printed version of his research and all I have been able to find are files that I believe are from Family Tree Maker.

I am not able to find program discs /CD and the PC with the files does not appear to have the program installed.

I really don't want to spend the money for something that I will not use, except to get a printed copy.

Any suggestions?

Jim P.

Are the files you have found gedcom files? ie is it .ged - if so you can upload the gedcom to Tribal Pages for free. They have various types of tree formats to print.

Build your Free Family Tree website easily and effortlessly
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 26-11-17, 13:58.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Isn't there a company called Genealogy printers who would print it off in poster form etc for a reasonable cost.

Think you have to upgrade on tribal pages to print off more than a couple of generations.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

How big is the tree? The reason a lot of us don't print our trees is that they are too large and unwieldy. I am planning to print parts of mine, e.g. the ancestors of my grandmother, as that would be easier. I have a large tree as I have done extensive research (not copied!).

Kat's suggestion is the best solution.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

If they are FTM files you will need that progrm to open them. Can you get a free trial of the FTM program to open the files and see what they contain? You could probably save tree diagrams as PDF or JPG files which would always be available to either print or view on the computer.
          Alternativel you might find a volunteer to open and save them for you.
          Anne

Comment

How certain are you that the research is accurate? I think I would want to check that before spending any money on printing.

OC

Comment

Working...
            X