Anybody help with a German Birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody help with a German Birth

My Great Grandfather Adam Mulller, first appears in this country ,on his marriage to my Great Grandmother Emily Kemp says he is full age, and a Dyer, Father Adam Muller a Turner.
    In 1881 he is a Seal skin dyer(Furrier)
    I'm useless at German Records, can anybody advise me how to research him thanks, as I can go back no further on this lineAdam Muller M.jpg.

What about this one?

(I found my Prussian "married in" on familysearch.)

Jay
    Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 23-11-17, 18:54.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks Janet ,thing is there are so many Adam Mullers with a Father Adam Muller ,so unless they give their occupations, how do I check which one is him.

Comment

You'd need an idea of where in germany he came from. Some states are well covered on the igi, others are abysmal. So i wouldn't put too much stock in familysearch. My own relatives don't appear on it- from hanover, silesia, and poznan.

Comment

thanks Kyle ,that's that then, I have no idea, thought I'd found his immigration record but not so sure.
          He isn't in 1871 but marries in 1877 ,so must have come here between those years, any ideas about migration records?

Comment

Check whether he, or any of the family, ever applied for naturalisation (case papers at TNA)
            Last edited by AntonyM; 24-11-17, 08:07.
            Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
            Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Hi Val,
              I live in Germany and I am not familiar with the name surname spelt with three letter "L"s. The name can be spelt in two ways as follows:

a. Muellerb. Müller (notice the Umlaut over the letter ù

The method of spelling the surname at letter à`is the way it is spelt using a typewriter without an Umlaut key.

Brian

Comment

Thanks Antony but not found anything for him
                Thanks Brian I have tried all of those
                Jacky she is one of his daughters, after he died two of them were taken by Dr Barnado's, I have all their life history, even photos taken by Barnado's, and one of them lived to be 101.
                Last edited by Guest; 29-11-17, 19:49.

Comment

Working...
                X