Family Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Search

Why is it I can browse images for any of the Norfolk PR's, AT's etc on FS but when I try to do the same with Kent BT's I need to be a member of the LDS church to view the images. I do understand that this was at sometime going to happen but are they doing it in stages?
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 22-11-17, 21:30.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Those of us interested in Sussex have been having similar difficulties, some are available, then aren't, then pop back again - or not! I was transcribing a will from the Deanery of South Malling one morning and by the afternoon it was unavailable, hasn't come back though some years have.

Comment

Due to the conditions placed on the images by the owners when they were digitised some sets are restricted ... If you get the "need to be member" message it means you have to be a member of the LDS church, or you can view them on a computer in any LDS family History Centre, which now includes the Society of Genealogists.
      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Could the problem be solved if you login to an account at familysearch.org as we will all have to soon?

Comment

No GL I have an account and a subscriber no. I order to view some images (thank you Antony) you have to be a member of the church and provide a Membership Record No which I think is given when you are baptised.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

or anyone can view them on a computer at an LDS centre (which includes TNA at Kew, and the SoG)
            Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
            Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Working...
            X