Forces war Records.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forces war Records.

Does anyone else subscribe to this site? I have just subscribed for a month but not finding it very useful. Maybe I am doing something wrong!

Punchs mum

I had it for a year as a gift. Not very impressed and hardly found anything new. I think they might do better on hospital war records, but not sure.

The worst thing is that it is now 2 years since my sub ran out and I get at least 3 emails a week from them trying to tempt me back "we have a record you searched for ... J Coleman" or some other such very common surname and initial! I've sent the all to the Spam folder now!
    Anne

Comment

Anne, glad it,s not just me then that is not very impressed!
      Luckily I have only subscribed for a month, a special offer of £5! I have already I unticked the auto renew and will be checking it regularly. Like you, I get bombarded with e mails already. I wonder if they can be blocked!!

Thanks for replying, I feel better already knowing it's not just me.
      Lesley
      Last edited by Punchs mum; 18-11-17, 07:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Punchs mum View Post
        Anne, glad it,s not just me then that is not very impressed!
        Luckily I have only subscribed for a month, a special offer of £5! I have already I unticked the auto renew and will be checking it regularly. Like you, I get bombarded with e mails already. I wonder if they can be blocked!!

Thanks for replying, I feel better already knowing it's not just me.
        Lesley
        Report their emails as spam if using google. At the bottom of an email tick unsubscribe - they have by law to offer a quick and easy unsubscribe process.

Margaret

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Margaret. Will do that when the next one arrives! I was getting them daily until I finally took up their £5 for a month offer! Wish I hadn't bothered now either.

Lesley

Comment

I agree it's not a very helpful site. I subscribed for a while and didn't find anything I couldn't see elsewhere.

Margaret

Comment

I wouldn't bother with that site- lots of their records are available elsewhere, often for free and they're not very transparent with what they have, either
              The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
              Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Ann, thanks. I know you are an expert at Military so I much appreciate your input, which seems to prove I'm not being just a grumpy old woman about them!
                Anne

Comment

Thanks Anne!
                  The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
                  Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Many of the comments on the Great War Forum some time ago were less than flattering in regard to that web site.
                    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Working...
                    X