How to order Will????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to order Will????

My brain is getting old and forgetful. I know how to order a will from before 1858 on the National Archives site. Find it, put it in the basket, pay for it. and BINGO there it is in your inbox of your email. BUT is it possible to order a will from the National probate calendar. I'm pretty sure I've done it in the past but I can't remember how.
    thanks for your help.
    Donelda
    Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

This is the one for post 1858 https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk...rch=True#wills

Comment

Ahhh that is what is wrong... I searched and ended up on ancestry without being aware instead of the gov site.
      Old wills cost 3.50. New wills are 10. ACK
      Thanks for your quick response
      Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

If you have an Ancestry subscription you can find most of the wills mentioned on the National Archives website up to 1858 for the Prerogative Court of Canterbury here:

I have found a couple missing.
        Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 17-11-17, 21:06.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Working...
        X