Dack Ancestry Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dack Ancestry Issue

May I please ask if anyone else is having trouble with family trees? I am searching through trees for a Charles Dack born in 1783 Bintry, Norfolk, England. I've had him up many times in the past with many other Dack relatives but Ancestry seems to be turning my exact England Dack searches into American Deakins no matter which Dack I search for.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

I have been getting usa stuff too for some reason, I keep having to edit my searches.

Comment

I have tweeted Ancestry for an answer and someone on the Ancestry UK (not the company but the hobby) fb group has mentioned that it has been acting up all day.

Comment

Just went on to ancestry dot canada and the searches are really weird. A search for John Doe brings up lots of proper John Doe for bmd and census etc but go into the trees and all I see are George Smith and Alfred Sebastin Brown... not a John doe to be seen (if you get my drift. all names are made up) so something must be going on with the family tree search engine.
        Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Thanks Nelde, you put it in a much simpler term but yes it is rather bizarre. I have also tried a female of a different Surname with the same result.

Comment

Charles Dack abt 1783 Bintry, Norfolk, England entered on Ancestry and all I get are Dacks or Dachs Norfolk, England. No problem.
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I think the problem was earlier on, Kat. I got some very odd results too, for people in the USA with different names to those I had searched for! Its happens on Ancestry and FMP from time to time.
              Anne

Comment

I was on earlier today with no problems tho'. Perhaps they are fiddling again and having intermittent problems.
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Glad it wasn't just me - I was doing an exact search this morning for family trees for a Walter Scantlebury with exact birth location England. Top results were for Schmucks in America and also included a tree featuring Alfonso the Slobberer, King of Leon in the 12th/13th century! What???

Christine
                  Researching:
                  HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                    included a tree featuring Alfonso the Slobberer, King of Leon in the 12th/13th century! What???

Christine
                    lol!!
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                    X