Would it be possible to find Army Disability Pensioner records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be possible to find Army Disability Pensioner records

If I cannot find this mans Army records, and I know the Regiment he served under, would it be likely his disability pension would be recorded anywhere else.

Are they not on Find My Past or Ancestry. My late husband had an army disability pension and if my memory serves me true the Veterans Agency which paid his pension was in Blackpool. I doubt if they would give you access to them but they may be able to point you in the right direction.
    Dossie

Comment

Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

The links in that do not work - try this one:

We provide free support for veterans and their families, including a helpline, Veterans Welfare Service, Defence Transition Services and injury/bereavement compensation scheme payments. Veterans UK is part of the Ministry of Defence .
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Dossie no ,or if they are I cannot find them, thanks Kat, there must be some sort of record, off to look at that.

Comment

When was he in the Army, Val?
            The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
            Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

ooh forgot about you, we dont know for sure, but on one of his childrens births in 1916, it says Sergeant 1st Royal West Kent Regiment.

Comment

Thanks There are a few medical files at Kew, but VERY few! If you can give me his name, please (you can pm if you prefer), I can see whether there's one for him. The Western Front Association have Pension cards for WW1. They charge £30 and it can take MONTHS to get the records, which sometimes are not too informative. The last time I ordered one - quite a few months ago, they mentioned that they were going to be digitised, but don't think that's happened yet . Is there a chance he continued to serve after 1920? If so, his records would still be with the MOD
                The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
                Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X