Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fold3 Free trial - How to find the Cancellation button!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fold3 Free trial - How to find the Cancellation button!

Has anyone here had a 7 day free trial of Fold3?
    I took this out before I knew of the free access they were having over the past week end.
    I am so cross - I need to cancel before they start charging me and I cannot find where to do this on site. If I go to my account it takes me back to Ancestry accounts and nothing about my free trial of Fold3. These sites should have this plainly in view - I'm spitting feathers - what a scam
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

not sure if this will work ,but scroll down to the link before the last link, and it says click here to access your fold account, so hopefully you can unsubscribe there good luck

Comment

Been there done that Val, thanks. There is just nowhere to cancel. Have sent them an email. Just hope they read it in time. Such a nuisance.
      Kat

Comment

I have a basic free account with Fold3 (evidently since 2009, I had no idea!). Under the help page on their site is this:

https://www.fold3.com/help-account/

However when I go to My Account there is no such button on my page so I am just as confused.
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Reply this morning
          "Thank you for contacting Fold3. I was unable to find anything more than a free Fold3 Registered Membership for you under the email address provided ........................com. As a free member, you are never at any risk of being billed. (This is NOT the same thing as a free trial, which gives you a trial period of access to the Premium areas of our site.) "

I did have a free trial - I was able to get all the info I wanted in two days from the Premium area.

Then I got this later.

"Hi kprzeniczny******

This message is to confirm that your Premium Free Trial of Fold3 has been canceled and your credit card will not be billed.

Even though you have canceled your free trial, feel free to use the remaining 2 days on us (expires 15 November 2017)."

Do they know what they are doing? LOL!
          Kat

Comment

thank goodness its sorted, does make you wonder if the left hand knows what the right is doing.

Comment

If you have still got 2 days Kat then milk it for all it's worth and make sure to download to your pc and not to ancestry account so images are safe in case of everything going to pot with ancestry synching. I don't do synching but others have posted about losing attached images in the past.

Comment

I certainly am milking it GL. I have every image found on Ancestry, and other sites, downloaded to my computer and stored externally. I learned my lesson when I didn't renew my sub years ago. Although you can still view your tree you cannot view Ancestry census images etc etc. The first thing I did after renewing my sub 2 years ago was to spend hours and hours downloading them all. Lesson learned.
                Kat

Comment

Working...
                X