Badly need help finding this mans Birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badly need help finding this mans Birth

I have been looking at him for weeks now and getting nowhere really, just want his Birth and maybe his parents, nothing else for now thanks very much.

This is all we do know

27 Aug 1911
    Edward Henry John YOUNG , Bachelor ,according to non marriage cert in St Mary Stratford Bow
    Age 24 a Painter & Paper Hanger
    Address 3 Albert Terrace
    Father Henry YOUNG, Carpenter deceased.

Bride
    Emillie Frances Hale ,
    Spinster age 21
    same address which is her address in 1911 with her parents
    Father Ernest James HALE Brass Finisher

This marriage did not take place but he did eventually marry her in 1926 at St Mary The Virgin in Chatham, now says John Young aged 33 a Decorator ,5 Alma Terrace ,Father Henry John Young an Upholsterer.

Edward Henry John Young died 15 Jun 1933 18 Airy Street S.E.13 says aged 49 ,death column says no occupation an Army disability Pensioner, his wife was the informant.

One of the Childrens Birth Certs 1916, Millicent Lilian Young 138 New Road Chatham ,born 22 Sept 1916 ,says Father, Sergeant 1st Royal West Kent Regiment.

But have had no luck finding the record.

Any help much appreciatedEdward Henry John Young M 1911.jpgjohn.jpgEdward Henry John Young D 15 Jun 1933.jpg
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 13-11-17, 18:53.

sugar they have turned back, can they be rotated by a mod please

vwins1.jpg Edward Henry John Young D 15 Jun 1933.jpg

hopefully that has worked Val
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 13-11-17, 20:38. Reason: adding pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      sugar they have turned back, can they be rotated by a mod please
      Tried and failed I'm afraid.

Comment

Val .............

there are 3 Private family trees on ancestry that have his name. Have you been able to make contact with any of them???
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Hi and thanks for looking ,one of those is a small tree I made , one tree on there has his first son but no parents listed, I have tried to contact another, who has not responded as yet, but she has a different wife, and the other no more details .
          Oh and there are so many possibles, not sure which way to look.
          Last edited by Guest; 13-11-17, 19:21.

Comment

well she wont be much help she has, that Edward's Grandfather being buried in 1861 then going to Tasmania in 1873 ?

Comment

hopefully sorted the certs now.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

oh thanks Julie, they are right way up on my desktop ,so dont know why they turned round?

Comment

This is the only one I can find for all the forenames - 1 is just an initial though so it might not actually be for John. Fits for age at actual marriage in 1926.

Name: Edward Henry J Young
                  Registration Year:1893
                  Registration Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
                  Registration district: Barton Regis
                  Inferred County: Gloucestershire
                  Volume: 6a
                  Page:96

UPDATE no, scrub that. He is this one.

YOUNG EDWARD HENRY JONES

WINSTONE 1893
                  J Quarter
                  BARTON REGIS
                  Volume 06A
                  Page 96
                  Last edited by Darksecretz; 14-11-17, 09:22.

Comment

thanks for looking Galloway, I'll look to see if he is a painter in 1911, or if his father is a cabinet maker.

Comment

Am drawing a bit fat blank Val. I cannot find him anywhere in Middlesex in 1911 (on the assumption that he lived in the same county as Millie shortly before their non marriage). I have tried with his yob 1890+/-5 to cover his various certified ages and a bit to spare. Also have tried with occupation house*, paint*, paper* and decor* but no joy either on ancestry or FMP.
                      I also can't find a Henry or Henry John Young on the 1901 or the 1891 who is a carp* or an upholst*. There is one in 1911 from Hartlepool but he's supposed to be dead by then. The only others are 1881 and earlier which is before mystery man was born so no chance of finding them together.
                      Last edited by GallowayLass; 14-11-17, 01:01.

Comment

Deffo not connected to the Henry John Young in 1911 born Hartlepool. He had 3 children all still alive and all at home.
                        Last edited by GallowayLass; 14-11-17, 01:33.

Comment

Thanks Galloway I do have a couple of theories

Edward Henry Young born abt 1887 Luton Beds a Brass Finisher
                          Father Edward Henry Young born abt 1860 Kingswalden Herts a Furniture Remover working in a Furniture Emporium,?
                          maybe thats where he gets the Cabinet making and Upholsterer from, plus a Brass Finisher is what his Brides Father was.
                          2nd is
                          Henry John Young born abt 1889 St Johns Tunbridge Wells Kent a House Painter
                          Father Henry Young born abt 1857 Spelhurst Kent a Gardener Domestic? maybe he lied.

This one of the childrens baps which also says he is a PainterErnest record.jpgErnest Thomas Young Bap.JPG

Anybody

Comment

I'm looking Val and had begun to check out that Luton one.
                            Note the different ages for the no marriage, the 1926 marriage and his 1933 death.

Vera

Comment

thanks Vera I did think maybe he lied about his age as he would have been 10 years older than Millie if he was born in 1884, as she was born 26 Apr 1893.

Comment

Working...
                              X