Alfred James Knell b. 28 Sept 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfred James Knell b. 28 Sept 1911

Alfred was my grandfather, born in Maidstone Kent but he died when my mother was 11. He married in Chatham in 1937. The family story goes that he was a medic in the Royal Marines.
    As this is a free weekend at Fold 3 - I had high hopes of finding him but no luck so far... Can anyone help? I have traced him back but need help with his life around the war years and forward to his death in 1949.
    Many thanks
    Jane

do you have him in 1939 ?
    Knell Household (3 People)
    14 High Street , Sheerness U.D., Kent, England
    Alfred J Knell 28 Sep 1911 Male Manager (Shoe Shop) Married
    Doris L M Hall (Knell) 17 May 1914 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married

one closed record

Comment

Originally posted by norwayjane View Post
      Alfred was my grandfather, born in Maidstone Kent but he died when my mother was 11. He married in Chatham in 1937. The family story goes that he was a medic in the Royal Marines.
      As this is a free weekend at Fold 3 - I had high hopes of finding him but no luck so far... Can anyone help? I have traced him back but need help with his life around the war years and forward to his death in 1949.
      Many thanks
      Jane
      If you are looking for WWII records they are held by the MOD and are not on line. You have to apply to the MOD and pay £30.
      Look here for how to get them https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records.

Have you got his death certificate? That will give his address and occupation which will allow you to see if there is anything more you could find and where to look.

There are no official records you can find for such a recent date. What is it you particularly want to know?
      Margaret
      Last edited by margaretmarch; 13-11-17, 04:55.

Comment

Working...
      X