Thank you Oz girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Oz girl

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Linda / Oz girl who has done lots of searching of the Berlin Address Books for me.

I started a few months ago only knowing my grandfather's name and date of birth. I managed to get his military records (which provided addresses) and, with her help, "we" found him in the Berlin address books. "We" traced him back to his birth street so I knew which records office to order from as Berlin has many! I have just received my grandparents marriage certificate which confirms his parents names, birth places and dates. I am so elated, I can hardly believe it!

This forum is so wonderful and I could never have done it without you. So thank you Linda. (I may be back for more help in the future )
    :D Charney Jo

how wonderful for you I can hear your excitement.

Comment

Wonderful news, so glad you managed to find him. It was no problem at all, I found it quite fun to go through the books and track them/him down. Definitely helped my reading of Old German script too! Anytime for more.
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Oh Val. I've grown up knowing nothing about him and not knowing where to start without any hope of really finding out about him. Anyone who knew (my gran!) has gone, and she didn't want us to know. I assume there is a story there i will never know. We didn't even have a birth date for him. But, perseverance - and a lot of help! - has meant I now know more about him and even a few generations back. I did trace one line to the US and have some photos of my mum's cousin (sadly also deceased) which look just like me when I was younger!

I am beyond thrilled!!

Comment

I remember what I felt like ,when I received a photo of the grandfather ,neither I or my mother ever knew, I kept staring at it, chuffed for you.

Comment

Thank you! And well done you too. I guess it's our drug :D

Comment

That's brilliant news! just goes to show with a little bit of perseverance and chipping away that results can be obtained from the smallest pieces of information.

For quite some time I had information on a census that I never even 'twigged' was related to the person I had on that census, this now has opened up a massive tree! [and Linda discovered that we are connected via that tree!] never say never.. or it's not possible............ it just might be!
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
              X