Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry relationship calculator not working correctly

Hi

I have someone who is the son of my 9x great uncle (so a first cousin however many times removed). he then marries my 7x great aunt, and the relationship calculator states that he is the husband of my 7x great aunt. This then means that his children from a second marriage are listed in my relationship calculator as "step xxx of my 7x great aunt" however they are still cousins however many times removed. Is there a way to change this? i have checked all the relationships and they are all listed correctly so i can only guess that its doing it because my 7x great aunt is more of a direct relation than my first cousin
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Ihad this problem - I think I've solved it - can't remember exactly how but it involved, removing the marriage from both, then removing the children from one of the couple. The relationship should then be correct for the two individuals. Then 're-marry' the couple and tick the adding the children box - if you see what I mean! Hope that's clearer than mud - but it seemed to work for me.

Comment

No, that didnt work. Im going to try deleting the person and trying again and see if that works!
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Now he is showing up as the step-son of my 9x uncle, when the relationship is biological!
        Robyne

Comment

Working...
        X