Fold3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fold3

I have just received an e-mail from ancestry stating that for three days from 10 November, access to Fold3 is free. As their records include Chelsea Pensioner records this may be of interest. you will need to register on the Fold3 site as detailed below.

From the e-mail:
    *Access to the records in the featured collections will start on 10 November and be free until 13 November, 2017 at 23:59 BST. To view these records you will need to register for free with Fold3.com with your email address. We will then send you a username and password to access the records. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry.co.uk paid All Access membership. To see a full list of the records in the featured collections please click here.

The link they provide takes you to this page:
    https://www.fold3.com/browse/310/?o_...il%20Campaigns
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Ooooh! Thank you. I'm often frustrated by tempting things in that collection. Must remember what they were!! LOL
    Anne

Comment

It looks like it is only the international records, but they are open to view now.
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thanks for this - do you know if you can have the free trial without entering a credit card as I seems I will have to? I will do this if I have to but would rather not - don't want to forget to cancel and end up paying for another subscription. I already have world membership of Ancestry at the full rate but this is due to expire next month so may cancel it and try to get a cheaper rate!
        Thanks.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
        X