Trying to locate a will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to locate a will

Hi all. I'm trying to locate the will of someone who died in 1860 in Hampton, Middlesex. I have the probate summary 29 Jun 1860 for the person in question Margaret HARBOUR. I've searched ancestry, LMA online, Surrey archives but found nothing so far.

The online wills for the Prerogative Court of Canterbury [online at Ancestry] only go up [annoyingly] to 1858. Does anyone know where later wills can be found?

Thanks for any help

After 1858 you need to order wills from Find a Will.gov. It costs £10 per will and usually takes a few days to be available on line.

Search online for a will, grant of representation or probate document for a death in or after 1858

Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 04-11-17, 08:21.

Comment

As of 1858 wills throughout Engand and Wales came under the National Probate registry rather than ecclesiastcal courts. You can search the calendar and order the wills online at https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills It costs £10 to purchase the will.
      When you search for Margaret's will go to the 1858-1996 option n enter her surname and year 1860. When I did this her entry came up on page 5 of the hits.
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks Anne & Judith - I had forgotten to remember that service [doh!]. And thanks too for the quick response!

Comment

Working...
        X