My Heritage SuperSearch Alerts????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Heritage SuperSearch Alerts????

I've just had an e-mail from My Heritage giving me a list of names that I have recently searched, two of the surnames could be vague connections of my husband's but if so they've never been on my tree, another is my mother's name, they've got her name right (it's probably quite a common combination) but nothing else, the photo isn't hers and I think that if I had put that photo on there I would be a bit miffed if My Heritage were randomly sharing it among complete strangers.

Now, what is perplexing me is that I've never had anything to do with My Heritage, I certainly don't have a tree there and I've never done any searches, I've just checked my Family History programme and the hints from FMP and My Heritage are both turned off and I don't think have ever been activated, so where did they get my details from?

It all seems a little spooky to me, has anyone any ideas?
    Margaret

I get messages from My Heritage from time to time implying I have an account with them. I believe it dates back to around 2002 when I had only just started to use the internet for family history and uploaded some details to a site called GenCircles. Apparently this was taken over by My Heritage.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I'm not sure where my 'account' came from but it must have been from years ago as I can't remember anything about it, however, I did go onto the My Heritage site and deleted the account that they had in my name. Well, I hope that I deleted it, I don't really trust them there are some awful reviews about them and I didn't like the way I was copied into a strangers photo that I assume I could have used in my tree without permission.
      Margaret

Comment

Working...
      X