A PDF Death- Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A PDF Death- Phillips

Hi guys, so I finally got the PDF Death Cert through for my 2x Great Grandmother Hannah Phillips and it mentioned Phthisis as the cause of death, a quick Google search cleared it up as Tuberculosis but the 9 months is the puzzler. I always thought that TB was a very quick thing to happen. An instant death so to speak. Is this not the case at all?
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

ooh no you can live for a long time with it, we even had a friend who had a lung removed and she lived to a ripe old age.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
      Hi guys, so I finally got the PDF Death Cert through for my 2x Great Grandmother Hannah Phillips and it mentioned Phthisis as the cause of death, a quick Google search cleared it up as Tuberculosis but the 9 months is the puzzler. I always thought that TB was a very quick thing to happen. An instant death so to speak. Is this not the case at all?
      The length of decline from TB can vary but I always thought of it as more of a chronic condition that took months and years to death. It often swept through families in poor conditions with bad nutrition and overcrowding, as you would find in the slums in industrial cities. It is also quite prevalent in our time. When I had my children they were vaccinated against TB at 2 days old due to an outbreak in the area. When I was nursing we now and again came across undiagnosed TB and had to be screened due to contact.
      Last edited by herky; 01-11-17, 11:41.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Ahh right, thank you for clearing that one up. I had the needle for it at school, I think I must be thinking of something else them. Most likely an illness from WW1 because I've been reading a lot of books on it lately.
        Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Working...
        X