Bap Girl or Boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bap Girl or Boy

on the bap it says D of but on the transcription it says Male ? what would you believe, thanksFrances Knight D.jpg

Error in the transcription,someone has made an assumption that it was a male. I was told it's i for him and e for her.
    Therefore you have Frances daughter of George etc.
    Matt
    My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

thanks very much Matt

Comment

Bad transcription! Clearly says D and spells the name Frances like the mother. Of course the vicar might have got it wrong in the first place but that is something we could never know!!
        Anne

Comment

Transcribers are supposed to record what is there, rather than what they think it should be, although it is okay to add a note.
          The original definitely records D for daughter and the name of the child as FrancEs. I would find it more problematical if the original entry was FrancIs D or FrancEs S.

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Dearie me! Just goes to show that my brain is still addled this morning with the DNA stuff.
            I clicked on the heading thinking it was an occupation and I was intrigued to know what a bap girl or bap boy did.
            Would somebody kindly pass me that pineapple along with the Bacardi and coconut milk

Comment

thanks everyone ,thing is I thought I had found her/his death but that says male too?
              Galloway suppose they could have sold baps

Comment

Working...
              X