sad death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad death

was looking at a dorothy coates, bur.17 nov 1804, marske near richmond, age 70. with a note: "she was found dead in gillbeck on the 15th, after being missing from the 13th". to me, sounds like wandering from dementia. who knows what happened. it made me think of a 79yo lady with dementia in queensland last week, who escaped a nursing home, and went missing. they thought a crocodile got her. discovered that was the case a few days later.

I have a widow age 82 "found dead in the street". So sad when you find a family member dying this way.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

My saddest one was 19 year old Jane Green, " found dead in a field and her bastard stillborn infant, unshriven" I have wept buckets over that.

My family made a habit of dying in fields though, several men found dead - heart attack or stroke I assume.

In recent years there was a big fuss locally about an elderly lady found dead in a field but I couldn't help thinking there are much worse ways to die than lying down with the sun on your face and larks twittering in the sky.

OC

Comment

Working...
      X