Frederick Charles Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frederick Charles Hall

Hi all again another wee challenge for you to get your teeth into. I have literarly no information on my great grand father apart from. The family are from Dorset.
    Children include :-
    William Hall - i think
    Harold Hall
    Sidney Hall
    Dorcas Hall married robert Sharplin
    Rose Hall married Oliver Nelson
    Any information on Fred and his wife ie birth, death dates would be absolutely brilliant. Thanks

Nick

I haven't got active subs for ancestry or FMP but transcript as below is on familysearch
    This is the family in 1911 census in Gillingham, Dorsetshire
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Name Role Age Birthplace
    Frederick Charles Hall Head M 39 Gillingham, Dorsetshire
    Julia Hall Wife F F 36 Yeovil, Somersetshire
    Sydney Fred Hall Son M 10 East Budleigh, Devonshire
    William Charles Hall Son M 6 Woodburg, Devonshire
    Harold Ernest Hall Son M 2 East Knoyle, Worcestershire
    Dorcas May Hall DaughterF 0 Gillingham, Dorsetshire.

Looking for births of the children via the GRO website reveals mother's maiden name to be DYER.

Marriage of Frederick Charles Hall and Julia Dyer Q2 1900 Yeovil 5c 779.
    If you order the marriage cert, it should includes names, occupations of their respective fathers.

Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 21-10-17, 16:00.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Births of children:

HALL, SYDNEY FRED mmn DYER
      GRO Reference: 1901 M Quarter in ST THOMAS Volume 05B Page 27

HALL, WILLIAM CHARLES mmn DYER
      GRO Reference: 1905 J Quarter in ST THOMAS Volume 05B Page 37

HALL, ERNEST HAROLD mmn DYER
      GRO Reference: 1908 D Quarter in MERE Volume 05A Page 189
      Note: names reversed from 1911 census, plus birth registered in Mere, whilst census says he was born in Worcestershire - still think this registration refers to him though, unless others find an alternative???

HALL, DORCAS MAY mmn DYER
      GRO Reference: 1911 M Quarter in SHAFTESBURY Volume 05A Page 183

Christine
      Last edited by Karamazov; 21-10-17, 16:18.
      Researching:
      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Frederick, Julia and Sydney in 1911 in Colaton Raleigh, Devonshire, England
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Frederick C Hall Head M 27 Gillingham, Dorsetshire
        Julia Hall Wife F 23 Yeovil, Somersetshire
        Sidney F Hall Son M 0 Colaton Raleigh, Devonshire

Christine
        Researching:

Comment

Thanks Karamazov for the information i know Julia Dyers father was Fred Dyer a engine driver on the great western but have not found any details or dates for fred or who his wife was.

Comment

Julia DYER birth reference
            1878 September Quarter Yeovil vol 5c page 454 Mother' maiden name ANDREWS

Marriage Samuel George DYER Eliza ANDREWS 1861 December quarter Yeovil 5c 927

1881 census address New Town Yeovil
            Samuel DYER 39 Engine Driver (Ry)
            Eliza wife 42
            Henrietta daughter 15
            Robert son 12
            Julia daughter 2
            Sydney son 8 months

all born Yeovil
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Details for the marriage Judith found on freereg

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

and Julia's baptism, father Samuel George....engine driver

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.
              Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
              http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

When Henrietta Dyer is baptised 1866, Samuel is a fireman on the railways

Last edited by Elaine; 21-10-17, 21:31.
                Elaine

Comment

Samuel then married again 1902 to Emily Gale maiden name Rendell

1901 same address

Elaine

Comment

You mention Rose, is this the birth?

HALL, FLORENCE ROSINA MMN DYER
                    GRO Reference: 1914 S Quarter in BRISTOL Volume 06A Page 143

was looking hoping it could help find the location of the family after 1911
                    Last edited by Elaine; 21-10-17, 22:17.
                    Elaine

Comment

thanks for everybodys help im so pleased with all the results :D just gotta find Rosinas marriage to Oliver Nelson, I know they both died in Gillingham, Kent and lived there most of their married lives and had a son and a daughter of which i cant remember her name.
                      Last edited by Caroline; 22-10-17, 21:54. Reason: Son's name removed

Comment

The only marriage for a Oliver Nelson to a Hall was

Marriages Dec 1937
                        Hall Gladys R R Nelson Coventry 6d 1779

Births Mar 1913
                        Hall Gladys R R Dyer Sherborne 5a 581 (Border of Dorset and Somerset)
                        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by snowywhite View Post
                          thanks for everybodys help im so pleased with all the results :D just gotta find Rosinas marriage to Oliver Nelson, I know they both died in Gillingham, Kent and lived there most of their married lives and had a son and a daughter of which i cant remember her name.
                          Do you mean Gillingham in Dorset - as the previous censuses show?

I can't see Oliver and Gladys R R on the 1939 register at the moment. There is one in Coventry but this Oliver Nelson is married to a Pauline Prosser and they were married in Coventry Jun 1928.
                          Edit:
                          Oliver probably not on the 1939 Register if he was in the forces.
                          Last edited by Caroline; 22-10-17, 21:55. Reason: Son's name removed form quote
                          Kat

Comment

What a coincidence then!
                            Found Rosa in Gillingham.
                            17 Sterne Street , Gillingham M.B., Kent, England

Sarah M Sac?ce 25 Jun 1869 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Widowed 264 1
                            Grace E Wadley 15 Nov 1910 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Single 264 2
                            Rosa Nelson 15 Jan 1913 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 264 3
                            Kathleen Mount 26 Sep 1911 Female Cook R N Hospital Single 264 4

Possibly Husband in Royal Navy. Son born Chatham, (reg District includes Gillingham) Could still be living so shouldn't be named on here. There is a daughter born earlier - can be found on https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Perhaps Gladys R R preferred Rosa as a name. Date of birth corresponds to Post#12
                            Last edited by Katarzyna; 22-10-17, 10:39. Reason: added bold
                            Kat

Comment

All I know is that they were in Gillingham Kent for most of their married lives, and they both died there. I believe Oliver was in the navy an Chatham docks was only down the road of which he had a big connection too in his later yrs

Comment

yes Rose had a daughter who was the eldest of two

Comment

I wonder why Gladys (Rose) married in Coventry. Was Oliver born over that way or did Rose's family move to that area from Dorset?
                                  Kat

Comment

daughters name was xxxx so ive just been informed lol
                                    Last edited by Caroline; 22-10-17, 21:54. Reason: Name removed

Comment

I have been reliably informed that Rose did marry Oliver in Coventry and then then moved to Gillingham in Kent so i will need to find wedding details.
                                      Oliver served on the merchant ships during the war mostly on the Russian convoys. He had the unenvious fact that his ship got sunk by the enemy twice in one day.

Comment

I put the GRO marriage reference in post #12

Marriages Dec 1937
                                        Gladys R R Hall to Oliver Nelson
                                        Coventry 6d page 1779

Forgot to put in Post # 14 that the record for Rose
                                        17 Sterne Street , Gillingham M.B., Kent, England
                                        was from the 1939 Register - sorry.

Gladys/Rose Hall birth registration is also in Post # 12
                                        You can order these from the GRO
                                        Last edited by Katarzyna; 22-10-17, 21:26.
                                        Kat

Comment

Working...
                                        X