New York city marriage records c. 1905

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York city marriage records c. 1905

I am researching my Great Grand Mother Ivy May Collins nee Fitzgerald nee Asher OR Usher said to be born in Christchurch New Zealand c. 1885 (no birth record found).
    Said to be Catholic faith, Maori descent and migrated to Queensland Australia c. 1887. Married James Francis Fitzgerald said to be born in Newcastle NSW (no birth record found) in New York City New Year's Eve 1905 (no record found).
    They were part of the Flying Fitzgerald Trapeze Act performing with Wirth's Circus.
    It is said that 'they' changed their name to Collins due to a contractual agreement with Wirth's and according to Queensland Death Records they are both listed as Fitzgerald.
    I have ordered the Death Certificates
    I am searching for:
    Ivy May Usher birth certificate
    James Francis Fitzgerald birth certificate
    Marriage Certificate – no record found in New York City
    Change of Names Record – no record found
    Any ideas on where I should search please.

NYC BMD was pretty well recorded by the early 1900s (less reliable, but still often present in the late 1800s).

You've already searched familysearch.org? With the name variants? I can't play right now, but will try later.

Have you found your peeps in census? Please give link.

Unfortunately, if they were circus people, they may have been traveling, and were not in the area to record BMD info in NYC...
    Last edited by PhotoFamily; 30-09-17, 14:56.

Comment

Working...
    X