the SMARTS from tipton staffordshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the SMARTS from tipton staffordshire

Hi im looking for JAMES SMARTS parents from tipton Staffordshire .Born in 1812 ,married fanny parkes ,and had a son JOHN SMART born in 1835 .Many thanks gemcat.

have you found any census yet. ?
    We dont want to duplicate any work you have already done
    Last edited by Janet H.; 30-09-17, 14:04.

Comment

He's on 1841 with Fanny Smarts (Wife?), John Smarts (son) and Joseph Woodward 14 yrs.

I found this on the Familysearch site but they don't appear to have any earlier records for him.
      Cath.

Comment

The Staffordshire PRs are on FMP. However, there are not Smart baptisms for Tipton, only burials. Then I read on another site that some of the Smarts were Baptist, which could explain the lack of baptisms.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thank you .james was my gt gt gt grandfather .He was married to fanny parkes and had a son john .James was born in 1912 but the only one I can find was a james smart from atherstone ,so not sure if its mine or not many thanks for your help gemcat.

Comment

thank you so much have not long started the family tree and its really tricky finding the right james smart as there seem to be a few |.He was definitely married to fanny parkes and had a son john .gemcat

Comment

In 1851 they have his brother in law Daniel Parkes living with them and James gives his birthplace as Atherstone. So if you are positive that 'your' James married Fanny Parkes it does look like a good bet. Can we ask please what you found that makes you so sure that 'your' James married Fanny Parkes? If you have only just started your family tree you have done really well to get back so far with all the certificates needed etc.
              Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
              Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 02-10-17, 15:49.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Of course he is rather flexible about his age too. In 1841 ages were rounded up or down and he says 25. In 1851 he says 37 and 50 in 1861.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

hi I have have john smarts birth certificate which says his parents are james smart and fanny parkes so it looks very likely its the james from atherstone .many thanks to for the help ,

Comment

Working...
                  X