Derbyshire Parish records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derbyshire Parish records

Derbyshire baptisms, marriages and burials, transcriptions and images are now on Ancestry. Have been waiting for these :D
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Thank you for the tip.
    AUDREY

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
      Derbyshire baptisms, marriages and burials, transcriptions and images are now on Ancestry. Have been waiting for these :D
      ooooooooooooooooo I knew that 'some' were there, but maybe, just maybe I might have a little bit of luck now. thanks cuz x
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I bet they could have saved me a pound or two over the years - certificates, trips to Matlock etc. Now I may be able to fill in some peripheries - thank you
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Aarrgh! Some of them have just gone missing!! Only the early ones and the baptisms left at the moment!
          Anne

Comment

ancestry has been playing silly 'b's with me all day. Haven't been in that dataset though. Was in censuses and family trees.
            Last edited by GallowayLass; 28-09-17, 17:10.

Comment

They stopped being listed in the parish records but I found them in the end in the list of new data additions. Very odd!!
              Anne

Comment

Sometimes if I have been looking for someone I have to go back to bare bones searching to get the data-sets to reappear, this happens most with BMD records. I do wish that they wouldn't keep fiddling with it and when it is working leave it like that!
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Anyway, it was worth it! Light dawned on a long term puzzle on a twig of my one name study.
                  Anne

Comment

I've also noticed that some of the headings are incorrect - especially with the marriages. Sandiacre marriages 1894-1912 actually show marriages from 1929-1937, and Belper marriages 1904-1912 shows marriages from 1917-1934. There are probably more.
                    Linda

Comment

Definitely all over the place - just found some burials for West Hallam 1934 - 1959 tacked onto the end of Baptisms, Marriages and Burials 1538-1812. Also searching for any of the names in those records does not bring up the record. Bit of a mess, but at least I can browse.
                      Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                        I've also noticed that some of the headings are incorrect - especially with the marriages. Sandiacre marriages 1894-1912 actually show marriages from 1929-1937, and Belper marriages 1904-1912 shows marriages from 1917-1934. There are probably more.
                        I was looking at a census image yesterday and the heading was London, Church of England Births and Baptisms

I had problems all over the place, thought it was just me having lots of senile moments
                        Edit: It looks like Ancestry are having/had a few problems not just with these particular record sets.
                        Last edited by Katarzyna; 29-09-17, 10:31.
                        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Working...
                        X