Re Warwickshire c 1790 to 1836

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Warwickshire c 1790 to 1836

Hi, this is my first post on this site. I would like to run a scenario past you and see if you have any comments or ideas.
    My Great x 3 Grand father Samuel Harvey was born c 1791. I do not know his parents, but by going forward a generation to his son, also Samuel, b 1818 in Birmingham, he is on 41 and 51 censuses. On his marriage to Susannah Carter (1836 St Peter's Harbourne) his father is called Samuel and at his baptism parents are Samuel and Elizabeth. After a lot of searching and cross checking, I believe them to be Samuel Harvey and Elizabeth Nicholls married Aston, Apr 1813.
    Are you still with me? I do hope so.

Looking for Samuel b 1791 baptism , I have a very good idea that matches well, but his father would be John Harvey from Bagington where he married and Berkswell, where Samuel was baptised. Both of these were still in Warwickshire about 14 miles fro Birmingham. Samuel b 1791 and Elizabeth had their marriage witnessed by John and Elizabeth Harvey and with this baptism he had siblings of these names. Mother Jane Garner had a father Samuel.
    If you can see any glaring errors I would love to know.
    Is that distance doable at that time.? If you have any other info that would also be greatly received. I have used Anc and family search.
    Elizabeth Harvey nee Nicolls remarried in 1825 to James Cade after Samuel died in 1822, buried St Philip's Birmingham. Elizabeth is buried at Witton Cemetery 1864. Samuel Junior eventually moved his family to Liverpool in the 1850s, but that is another story.
    Surprisingly , although I originally come from Liverpool, I now live in Warwickshire and did not expect to find family here. I have known for a while that Samuel Harvey moved his family from Birmingham to Liverpool about 1850. He was a machine fitter.
    Thank you for your time
    Thanks

I don't think 14 miles is very far to move, specially a move into a blossoming town with plenty of small industries building up into an industrial base.
    Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne49 View Post
      Looking for Samuel b 1791 baptism , I have a very good idea that matches well, but his father would be John Harvey from Bagington where he married and Berkswell, where Samuel was baptised. Both of these were still in Warwickshire about 14 miles fro Birmingham. Samuel b 1791 and Elizabeth had their marriage witnessed by John and Elizabeth Harvey and with this baptism he had siblings of these names. Mother Jane Garner had a father Samuel.
      The 1791 baptism at Berkswell is on FindMyPast, together with the image. The note "Pauper" is put beside the entry.
      Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

This is the marriage of John Harvey and Jane Garner in 1778.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I do not have access to FMP at the moment, but will get it for 1 month shortly. (When the nights are really dark!). If he was a pauper , I suppose he could have moved for work. Good idea all and Thanks again

Comment

Hi Lynne,

sometimes it helps to go sideways, [siblings and the like] are there any naming patterns at all? are witness' names on marriages family members?

Aston was a small village in it's own right and wasn't incorporated into Birmingham until much later so maybe they moved from village to village but getting nearer to Brum with their work?
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for that Julie, I had discounted the Aston marriage because non of the siblings or parents names matched with any known names and the dates were out. The family from Berkswell have siblings with names that match their marriage witnesses. So I am hopeful.

Comment

Working...
              X