Wills from GRO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wills from GRO?

Don't know if I have posted this in the right place but has anyone ordered a Will from the GRO beta site? If so, how does one retrieve the Will?

Although I only ordered it Saturday I have had a notification that is has been delivered but I cannot see how to do it. The link takes me back to the order form. No sign of a will there. Have had confirmation of payment in previous e mail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Lesley

It isn't anything to do with GRO - it is a .gov website for the probate service... https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk

Once at the site - you have to log in to your account and you will then see a "My Wills" tab at the top of the page next to My Profile, My Basket etc. You can view the will (and download it) from there.
    Last edited by AntonyM; 25-09-17, 12:28.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Yes, as Antony says its not very clear where you have to go from the email! It will be there though, I had one recently, unfortunately the wrong one :-(

Anne

Comment

Thanks for advice and guidance AnthonyM. Off to have another go!

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
          Yes, as Antony says its not very clear where you have to go from the email! It will be there though, I had one recently, unfortunately the wrong one :-(

Anne
          Glad it,s not just me then Anne!

Comment

Well Anne, like you although it's the right one all I,ve got is the Grant of Probate and the name of the executor! I was expecting a copy of the Will which it says has been "annexed" whatever that means! Lesson learned here I think!!

Lesley

Comment

It,s ok!! All sorted now. I needed to click on probate and Wills separately to get the Will! Phew....what an effort!
              Now to work out how to save it!!

Comment

Anne

Comment

Working...
                X