Buying FTM 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying FTM 2017

FTM 2017 from Mackiev is $80 to download, however there are sellers on Ebay offering it for £15 or less which according to the feedback seems to run without a problem. Are these downloads legal?

I am surprised they can do that, says you get a fortnight free on Ancestry , also its for windows 7 and later and you need 2GB Ram, so if you do decide to go ahead check first

Comment

Originally posted by Frans_FTM View Post
      FTM 2017 from Mackiev is $80 to download, however there are sellers on Ebay offering it for £15 or less which according to the feedback seems to run without a problem. Are these downloads legal?
      They would be illegal copies.
      Elaine

Comment

are they Elaine ? I asked her a question and this is her response.

[quote]

This is a download version of the latest available full version of Family Tree Maker (build #343).

You can sync yours files from Ancestry.com and you can download fix bugs/upgrades from Mackiev.

Comment

This is a download version of the latest available full version of Family Tree Maker (build #343).
          You can sync yours files from Ancestry.com and you can download fix bugs/upgrades from Mackiev.
          What she says is true - but equally she has not said that it is a legal copy rather than a rip off.

How can someone supply a legal copy of software at £15 per time when the cheapest it has been from MacKiev (who has produced it) is around £30 - 30€ - 30US$ - depending on the currency you used when you purchased it.

When you order the software from MacKiev it is sent to you via a download, or disc/USB if you want to pay extra. The purchase of the software is a one user licence.

I've purchased the software - sent to me via email. I downloaded the software and have put it on a disc and USB stick for safe keeping. I could of course produce many discs with the software on it and advertise on ebay, selling them cheaply - but as my purchase is a one user license reselling it would be illegal.

Perhaps if you want to make sure, send the ebay link to MacKiev and ask them!
          Elaine

Comment

I bought mine legally too Elaine, that's why I was surprised how cheap it is, she has sold loads of them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              ... she has sold loads of them too.
              I bet she has at that price!
              Elaine

Comment

Working...
              X