1911 Census Look-up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census Look-up please

I am finding it difficult to find William Thomas ABBOTT/ABBATT and Eliza OLIVER in the 1911 [who should be in the same household]. I have a sub to Ancestry but they cannot be found! I know from the electoral register that they should be at 15 Princes St. Rotherhithe and I can see that FMP has this address listed so it is not a missing record. Would SKS please take a look at who is at that address for me please?

And any suggestions about how to find them on the Ancestry 1911 much appreciated!

Two household at 15 Princes Street, Rotherhithe
    Henry and Amy Ellis and family in one, and three ladies called Proctor in the other.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Would Rotherhithe be Southwark? Approx year of birth, please?

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks for looking I think the RD is St Olave Bermondsey George ABBOTT/ABBATT born c1863 Eliza born c1843 [she might go under the name ABBOTT/ABBATT]

Comment

Thanks Judith - seems strange as the Electoral registers for the year and before and after are clear!

Comment

Did he have a job that would mean he would not be home at night? eg. factory shift work, fireman, policeman etc? If the latter, check workplaces as I found a husband once on night duty at a police station in Glasgow.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Gallowaylass. But Eliza should still be there

Comment

Where were they on 1901 census? Were they both born in Bermondsey? Is Oliver her maiden name or married name?

edit:
                I had a look through all the Princ* streets in Bermondsey and they are not there but some of the households have 1,2 or 3 separate families within them. Could they be away on the night of the census - a relative for example. This census doesn't show if a particular address or rooms within house are unoccupied on census night.
                Last edited by Katarzyna; 22-09-17, 16:22.
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks for looking Kat - I suppose it's certainly possible they were away somewhere.

Thanks all for your help - I might try to widen the net but please don't look any more [as it may be they cannot be found]

Comment

is it William or George Abbott you are looking for ?

Comment

Is it possible eliza was a suffragette? That could explain why they aren't listed.

Comment

Working...
                      X