Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have asked about this couple before but dont think I asked about the 1939 census?

please dont worry about trying to find anything else

Owing to the success of Vera finding Chrissies in 1939, am hoping somebody can find this one

Am looking for Naomi Harriet Dora ROBINSON nee Kingshott born 1 Aug 1884 Liss Hampshire.

Have found her Husband Albert Victor Robinson born 15 Mar 1884 Durham.
    in 1939 says he is single
    He died in Durham in 1946.

Last time I could find them together is in 1911.

She is not the one who died in 1984 Wales

Val

Had a quick look but not found anything at all.

Will try again later. I presume you don't have her death. Don't have ancestry and she is not obvious on FMP in 1911. Are they in Durham?
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

How about this one. Naomi Robinson in Port Talbot.

DOB
      01 Aug 1884
      SEX
      Female
      OCCUPATION
      Unpaid Domestic Duti
      MARITAL STATUS
      Married
      SCHEDULE
      SCHEDULE SUB

also husband William J and daughters Lena and Phyllis N (later Freeman) and a son William E. Also 1 closed record at the end of the list.
      Last edited by GallowayLass; 09-09-17, 16:00.

Comment

Oh scoot!!! Got wrong husband. Ignore that last post.

Comment

Thanks for looking ,this is an odd couple they had 2 boys ,which were not with them in 1911, and it seems not ever again, I think they split up, hence he says single, but nobody who has her in their tree can find her after 1911.
          I have tried under Harriet,Dora and Naomi.
          Galloway that is the only one on 1939 with the right birth date except for the year ,but its not her.
          Last edited by Guest; 09-09-17, 16:13.

Comment

Yep same here. Did a bit of further digging and the Port Talbot Naomi is m.s. Williams.
            I also did not find her badly mistranscribed in the households of both of her sons.

Comment

out of interest ............. when did she and Albert Victor marry?
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

It looks like Dec 1903 Petersfield Sylvia. Naomi is just under Naomi and the number for Albert Victor has been mis-transcribed and is on a different page.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

yes it was 1903, I got quite excited just now found a marriage for a Naomi Kingshott in 1912, but turned out to be another Naomi.

Comment

Been having a look on Familysearch, put the maiden name Kingshott in and up came these 3 names
                    Clarence G Hatch 1927
                    Gordon G Hatch 1924
                    Ronald W Hatch 1922
                    all born Lanchester Durham
                    wondered if these were her children but having no luck finding a marriage, dont know what I am doing wrong

Comment

ah forget that just found them on ancestry. she isn't mine.

Comment

Still looking. Like others tried everything. Thought she might be a patient at Knowle Hospital. Not there unless calling herself Maria E. Can't see that she emigrated. Possibly with a Soldier living aboad.
                        Will look at that Hatch/Kingshott

Vera

Comment

Ok

Vera

Comment

Just a thought. Can only see 2 children b to William V and Mary between 1929 and 1939. Were there others?

There are two records on FMP 1939 (one for Rose Cottage, the other Hill House) giving 3 other records apart from parents. May be they had Naomi Living with them
                            and record blocked out because no death record traced.
                            However could have been a lodger or a servant

Vera
                            Last edited by vera2013; 11-09-17, 20:18.

Comment

hi and thanks for looking Vera, do you mean the Hatch children I found with Kingshott maiden name ? if so
                              Clarence G Jun 1927
                              Gordon G Dec 1924
                              Ronald W Jun 1922
                              all in Lanchester Durham
                              or am I misreading you ?

Comment

I said I would look at Hatch/Kingshott but had missed your Post saying not yours.

Other post 14referred to Wlliam and Mary Robinson on the FMP 1939

Vera

Comment

thanks a lot for trying vera, I just found somebody on Ancestry has Harriet in his tree, and besides the two boys he has a private half sibling , no name given, so have contacted him, hopefully he knows more.

Comment

That sounds promising. Fingers crossed for a good response.

Vera

Comment

I did find a birth and death for a female Robinson ,Mothers maiden name Kingshott in 1911, so wonder if that is the one but then she would not be a half sibling? shame she never lived.

Comment

Working...
                                      X