Contacting living relatives in england

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting living relatives in england

Does england have a white pages or something? And i assume it isn't free? There is a family i hope to contact, but am not holding my breath.

Google the BT white pages, it is free.

Comment

Thing is these days many people are ex directory or don't have landlines so any telephone directories are very small. Don't think I'm in a phone book even though I do have a landline.

You could try 192.com but its a pay site but you can search and see if anything comes up without paying out.

Do you know the area they live in?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

thanks for that I just tried it, never knew you could do that

Comment

I believe that I may have found (with the help of a lovely member) the address for one of the names that Kyle is looking for. No landline number that I can find for any of them (not in the county Kyle thought they might be in anyway).
          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 06-09-17, 13:20.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
            Thing is these days many people are ex directory or don't have landlines so any telephone directories are very small. Don't think I'm in a phone book even though I do have a landline.

You could try 192.com but its a pay site but you can search and see if anything comes up without paying out.

Do you know the area they live in?
            The problem for telephone directories as I understand is that once you don't have a BT line they don't include you! many people have landlines with their internet provider which in many cases will not be BT.
            Margaret

Comment

how about finding them in the electoral roll, at least you would have an address to write to.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                how about finding them in the electoral roll, at least you would have an address to write to.
                I think we've done that Val.

Margaret

Comment

oh thats good;)

Comment

Thank you for your help everyone. It's true, most people only have landlines these days for internet. Most just have mobiles now.

Chrissy has found a person i'm looking for, so i will send them a letter and hope they are interested!

Comment

With the kind help of Margaret
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

it will be a probability that one of the family is on Facebook - have you tried that ?
                        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
                        X