Relationship - name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relationship - name

This was posed to me yesterday and in our modern lives it is a pertinent question:

A man is the stepfather to children (sadly their mother dies). The man remarries. What relationship is the new wife to the children? I know the answer is none - but how would she be introduced at say the child's wedding? Tricky to answer I thought. Wicked stepmother is not the answer!
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Unless the children have decided to call her/think of her as something else I would say the only answer would be the step fathers wife?
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 03-09-17, 10:35.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I think I would just call her their stepmother. The complications are no one else's business.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
        I think I would just call her their stepmother. The complications are no one else's business.

OC
        I agree - I have a step daughter and both her and I often say I'm her mother because it makes life easier in some situations and it's none of anyone's business what is our legal/biological relationship.

Except of course you then get someone saying 'oh, she got your eyes' ;D

Margaret

Comment

Working...
        X