looking for some suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for some suggestions

I am looking for two people Doris Harte (nee Stevens), and Robert Harte, their names are taken from their sons birth certificate who was born in 1946 in Ireland it indicates they were married; it states Robert is British Army, and an address is given for him 84 Farren Rd, B'ham. Their son was adopted when he was 18 months old. I obtained the original BC through an intermediary. The Son is deceased.

I have looked for their marriage but could only find a marriage for Stevens/Hart (without the E) in the army register and was in Egypt, I do not think it is the right one as it was in 1932, that is a 14 year gap from the birth of their son. I have no idea where the parents were born and have looked in the B'ham area but came up with nothing as I don't know the years they were born either.

I was hoping I could research the blood line but I am stuck and not sure how I can go forward.

Can anyone give me any ideas or advice as to how I can find out these two people.
    GWEN

Gwen

Seems likely to me that the birth parents were not married to each other. As you I've obtained the cert via an intermediary, is there no information about the circumstances of the adoption?

OC

Comment

Was the child born in Eire or Ulster? (I'm thinking possible army links.) Who registered the birth? What precise name wording was given for the mother, and address (town only!)? if she was the informant, was the same address given for her when the birth was registered?
      I've just been looking at a birth cert for a boy born in the early 1940's - place of birth given was a maternity hospital in Middlesbrough. No father named, mother named and her profession (nurse) recorded and her address was a nurses' home in Middlesbrough. Birth registered 3 weeks later by mother, by then living at a different address in Middlesbrough. So that cert gives a lot of information about the mother just before and after the birth.
      Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

The child was born in a maternity hospital in Dublin but adopted in Birmingham, the mother is calling herself Doris Harte with MN as Stevens, fathers name is given British Army and his address but that's all may be I need to go back to the intermediary and ask to see the adoption file?
        Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 02-09-17, 20:58.
        GWEN

Comment

Yes, if you can get info from the adoption file that should clarify whether the parents were married and if they were, why did an adoption take place?

OC

Comment

Working...
          X