Windows 10 and Kaspersky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 and Kaspersky

I decided to use the free Kaspersky supplied by my Bank, only thing is its telling me it cannot be used on this PC, any ideas.

Was there a choice of download? I'm thinking for different versions of Windows or maybe 32 or 64bit versions? Go to your Settings and then System and check exactly what version of Windows 10 your machine has.

Comment

Had a quick Google. Seems to be a known problem.

Kaspersky forum where Kaspersky product users and experts share tips, advice, help and solutions in your preferred language

Comment

oh thanks Galloway , shall try that

Comment

finally installed it and went to Ancestry, would not let me open it said it did not have the right certificate??? I clicked to allow it and Ancestry looked so weird, I then uninstalled kaspersky, dont think I'll bother.

Comment

Hello Val,
            Just noticed this thread and wondered if it is anything like the ones that I am now getting. One is 'Security Alert' four items on it three OK the last one is the Alert - The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site. The other message says 'Security Alert' - Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed? Yes, No, View Certificate.
            I get this on sites that I have used for years or even emails from known people. I find that this often freezes (like a few minutes ago while typing this) my laptop Windows 7 has only happened since I had a new router from TT. I have tried to email them but these enquiries do not appear in the list that you have to select an item to ask a question. I also tried telephone but the wait was so long I gave up.
            I blame the new router and that I have not put the security on that TT provide as I have read that it is far from secure.
            Or could it be because I have still got the original version of Google and they are pushing Chrome.
            Last edited by Margaret N; 07-09-17, 23:22.
            Margaret N
            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret nice to see you ,I only started to get it after I installed Kaspersky so have uninstalled it.

Comment

Working...
              X