Crematorium records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crematorium records

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but does anyone know if cremation records are available for public access at local crematoriums? I am talking about possibly only the last six months records.

Lesley

I'm not sure about this but at Wilford Hill in Nottingham they have a research room but not sure how recent the records go up to.

If you only need when it took place is there anything in the local newspaper like an obit. Nottingham post provide that service on line.

Try phoning the crematorium up. They can probably give you the info.

Good luck
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Nothing in the local obituaries! Had thought about phoning local crematorium but doubt if they will search for me or even disclose any information over the phone. It is not a relative I am looking for.

Thanks for replying Lin.

Comment

Our local crematorium will search the records - they charge £22 but ask for full name of deceased including any alternative spellings, month and year when the burial/cremation may have taken place and last address if known so I assume the search will only be over a year or two either way, not a blanket search.There's nothing on the website to say if people can search in person.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Eeeer um! Don't think I will be paying that price for a search!! As I said, it is not a relative I am looking for but someone I knew for a long time through dog walking. House clearance people confirmed my suspicions of his passing but they didn't know when he died. Just so sad to see and learn this way.

Thanks for replying Judith.

Lesley

Comment

Lesley

Have you looked to see if he has left a will. I think they are up to date. Won't tell you very much but will give you some idea of time scale.
            Lin

Comment

Just had a look and there are quite a few will for 2017. Only give date of death and date of probate and the registration area.
              Lin

Comment

Lin,

Where would I find that info then? Worth a try!

Lesley

Comment

Hi Lesley - this is the site....

YOu might be lucky. Also [just in case it is] Portchester Crem have their book of remembrance to view on the net but not ure how up to date it is

Comment

Hi Bertie,
                    Just done a bit of googling prior to seeing your post and BINGO have found the info I wanted on the Hants website!! A date of death shown also a Will was left!!

Thanks for replying. Good to hear from you!

Lesley
                    Last edited by Punchs mum; 24-08-17, 08:27.

Comment

Well Done, Lesley. Love a good result.
                      Lin

Comment

Thanks to you Lin! (And Bertie) I would never have thought of looking for a Will! Good site to keep in mind if needed in future. Was sad to see he died last March though! It doesn't seem that long ago I was chatting to him and his dog! Just hope his dog has been cared for as he was a single man.

Lesley

Comment

Working...
                        X