Ancestry Hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Hints

Sorry if this has been asked recently & I've missed it but today on Ancestry when I've been looking an ancestor and clicked on the hint button saying there are 6 hints it comes up with the 6 hints but all of them are saying - this hint is no longer available - I thought it might be just happening to that tree but it appears to be across all my trees - any suggestions? I have a full subscription so it is not as if I'm lapsed.
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Originally posted by Bo the Bodger View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked recently & I've missed it but today on Ancestry when I've been looking an ancestor and clicked on the hint button saying there are 6 hints it comes up with the 6 hints but all of them are saying - this hint is no longer available - I thought it might be just happening to that tree but it appears to be across all my trees - any suggestions? I have a full subscription so it is not as if I'm lapsed.
    I've read on their Facebook page that they do have problems on occasion with "phantom" hints. Perhaps these are examples of that issue?

Ancestry, Лондон. Отметки "Нравится": 2 416 313 · Обсуждают: 810. Ancestry is the UK’s favourite family history website. If you need Customer Support, please contact 0800 404 97 23.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I've had that occasionally but not so many at once. Seems a bit odd but maybe can be explained by Caroline's link.

Mmmm, can't see anything about it on the link.
      Anne
      Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 20-08-17, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
        I've had that occasionally but not so many at once. Seems a bit odd but maybe can be explained by Caroline's link.

Mmmm, can't see anything about it on the link.
        Anne
        You need to click on Posts and then Visitor posts. They don't post warnings, but the users post their complaints/comments etc. and there's a current one about databases being deleted which could cause the problem.
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
        X