anybody connected their FTM 2017 to Familysearch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody connected their FTM 2017 to Familysearch

Just went into my tree, and a box came up asking if I wanted to link it to Familysearch ??? is this a good idea ? and would it affect the link between FTM and Ancestry.

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    Just went into my tree, and a box came up asking if I wanted to link it to Familysearch ??? is this a good idea ? and would it affect the link between FTM and Ancestry.
    I have and it makes no difference to the ancestry link but you get hints from family Search as well - they are shown as blue squares under the green leaves.

Margaret

Comment

thanks Margaret sounds good to me
      Last edited by Guest; 17-08-17, 11:50.

Comment

Be aware that you have to register and log in to Family Search first. Then when you search for a person, all the facts surrounding that person that you have on FTM are transferred to Family Search and a little tree is made with the parents, spouse and children of that person together with all the vital facts. This little tree is then made public. I have several of these little trees from various searches I have made from FTM. I can see no way of making them private or deleting them (perhaps someone can advise) - only living people are private.
        I have stopped using this search now and only use FS directly.
        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Just to add - this only occurs if you merge the new fact you have found on FS into your FTM tree
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

not so good then :( thanks for that

Comment

Working...
            X