Deleting Family files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting Family files

I received a file from a family member and merged it with my file. Problem is it contained about 1500 non family names. I now I can delete individual names, but can I delete and entire family? t's going to take a while to if I have to delete each one 1 by 1. I am using FTM 2017
    Windows 10.0
    FTM 2017

I don't use FTM but in the program I use (Family Historian) i would make a tree diagram with the surplus ones on it and then select and delete them in bulk.
    Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 25-07-17, 16:15.

Comment

Go to the reports in FTM
      Make a chart for the ancestors/descendants of the people you do not wish the branches to remain in your tree (so you may need to do the create chart a number of different times for each branch)

RIGHT-CLICK on the chart while it is being displayed
      SELECT ALL on the chart
      RIGHT CLICK again and delete all on the chart.

Originally posted by bjkaufman View Post
      I received a file from a family member and merged it with my file. Problem is it contained about 1500 non family names. I now I can delete individual names, but can I delete and entire family? t's going to take a while to if I have to delete each one 1 by 1. I am using FTM 2017

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
      X