Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNA results from MyHeritage - how can I access the results file??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA results from MyHeritage - how can I access the results file??

Has anyone tried to upload their DNA results from MyHeritage to this site http://www.genie1.com.au/ ??

I am helping someone who needs to compare DNA results with someone else whose results are from Ancestry. This site offers the facility to upload DNA results from various companies for comparison.

I haven't done a DNA test yet and don't use MyHeritage so am unfamiliar with what's involved.

Any help and advice gratefully accepted.

Margaret

I've just read various articles on the blog Margaret and I think the author explains things a lot better than some others I have read. There is a lot to take in but I didn't feel overwhelmed by it and most of it is relevant to people worldwide not just Australians.
    However, I didn't see that you can upload data from MyHeritage to the site itself as it's only a blog. You need to upload the data to FTDNA Family Finder database or GEDmatch. She mentioned a couple of others too.
    Sorry I have no practical help to offer as like you, I have never tested my DNA. I think there was a help guide in the Family Finder article.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
      I've just read various articles on the blog Margaret and I think the author explains things a lot better than some others I have read. There is a lot to take in but I didn't feel overwhelmed by it and most of it is relevant to people worldwide not just Australians.
      However, I didn't see that you can upload data from MyHeritage to the site itself as it's only a blog. You need to upload the data to FTDNA Family Finder database or GEDmatch. She mentioned a couple of others too.
      Sorry I have no practical help to offer as like you, I have never tested my DNA. I think there was a help guide in the Family Finder article.
      Thanks GallowayLass. I am like you and not well up on all this.
      I have since found a bit more about it on MyHeritage site and you can download the DNA raw data for upload to other site who accept DNA rwas data so I think that covers my issue.
      Margaret

Comment

Not sure that ftDNA is accepting files from MyHeritage, but I know that gedmatch.com will -it's free.

I think this step-by-step upload guide is on a public page:

Otherwise, if your friend would register and log in, the link should work then.

Let me know if you have problems.

and, of course, the Ancestry kit will also need to upload for the comparison. It can be in its own, separately-registered account.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
          Not sure that ftDNA is accepting files from MyHeritage, but I know that gedmatch.com will -it's free.

I think this step-by-step upload guide is on a public page:

Otherwise, if your friend would register and log in, the link should work then.

Let me know if you have problems.

and, of course, the Ancestry kit will also need to upload for the comparison. It can be in its own, separately-registered account.
          Thanks, have successfully loaded the MyHeritage DNA file just waiting now for the person with the Ancestry one to get back in touch.

Margaret

Comment

Altho it takes a bit of time (a day or two) to get your full match list, you may still use gedmatch's one-to-one comparison once you both have kits numbers. No need to wait!

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
              Altho it takes a bit of time (a day or two) to get your full match list, you may still use gedmatch's one-to-one comparison once you both have kits numbers. No need to wait!
              Yes, the one to one match is what is needed as we have a paper trail but no real conclusive evidence in this case - there has been a surname change!
              Margaret

Comment

Working...
              X