Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey records

Hi

Does anyone know where I can look at records that are pre 1540? Looks like at Jersey Heritage you can only go back as far as this, and I want to go back further than this.
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Are you talking about church records? If so, there won't be any.

OC

Comment

Henry VIII ordered parish registers to be kept in 1538. So don't know what it is you're looking for?

Comment

I'm hoping to go back further in my tree. I have information from others online but I would like to be able to prove those myself
        Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Ask them where they got their information from. I would personally be very suspicious of any online trees without sources.

The only way you can get any further back is if they were landowners or some kind of gentry. Then you use wills and land documents but if Jersey Heritage don't list such items then you've had it I'm afraid.

OC

Comment

Working...
          X