Confirmation of 1939 entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation of 1939 entry

William G Barnett born 1895 living in Beckenham, Kent on the 1939 register is with Alice W. Barnett and 4 others. According to the entry she was born 1926, so presumably his daughter. However I am having trouble finding her birth, or any marriage for William. Could someone have a look on the register to confirm her dob is 1926, and hasn't been mistranscribed.

I think I have found the death for William in 1953, and according to probate record his wife was Amy - but still having trouble finding any marriage. He was born in Beckenham, and seemed to live there all his life, apart from when he went to war. According to his military record he was still unmarried when he was demobbed in 1919.

Thanks
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Alice's birth is 26 Aug 1926, very clearly written.

Comment

The child born 1926 is Alec M Barnett, male not Alice, there's also a son Leslie born 1938 and wife Amy born 1898. Alec and Leslie show up on BMD index with mother's maiden name Aust and there is also a widow, Emma Aust born 1872 in the 1939 household.
      Last edited by JudithM; 08-06-17, 17:27.
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I was jut about to edit my post to say the same thing.

Comment

Thank you Jill and Judith, very helpful info, will be able to sort him out now.
          Linda

Comment

Actually now I'm even more confused - William married Eva Constance Aust in Dec Q 1924 in Bromley Kent. Eva died in Mar 1959 and probate was granted to husband William G who was still alive. Could Eva be known as Amy. I've now worked out that the William George who died in 1953 was this one's cousin, who had married another Amy, so that death can be discounted.
            Linda

Comment

Sorry I have confused you - I read what I expected to see rather than what was actually there - wife in 1939 is indeed Eva

Eva C Barnett born 14 Nov 1898
              Last edited by JudithM; 08-06-17, 18:05.

Comment

Alice has been mis-transcribed and is clearly Alec W listed as Male on the page.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Ah - thanks Judith for that . However I'm still not convinced that this William George is the one I am seeking. There were 2 William George Barnett born Kent in the Sep Q, one in Beckenham, parents William George and Elizabeth nee Gilbert, dob 16 July 1895 and one in Tunbridge, parents Joseph and Eleanor nee Moore, dob 1 June 1895. I am after the one born in Beckenham. Does the 1939 give the full dob for William?
                  Linda

Comment

It gives 8th Jan 1895 Linda.
                    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 09-06-17, 08:49.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                      Ah - thanks Judith for that . However I'm still not convinced that this William George is the one I am seeking. There were 2 William George Barnett born Kent in the Sep Q, one in Beckenham, parents William George and Elizabeth nee Gilbert, dob 16 July 1895 and one in Tunbridge, parents Joseph and Eleanor nee Moore, dob 1 June 1895. I am after the one born in Beckenham. Does the 1939 give the full dob for William?
                      8 Jan 1895! they were living at 108 Mackenzie Rd Beckenham and he was a master baker if that helps at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                        It gives 8th Jan 1895 Linda.
                        Oh great - now where has this one come from!! Thanks Chris
                        Linda

Comment

Other William G Barnett born 1895 entries on the 1939 register:

25 Kidbrook Lane Woolwich, painter and decorator, born 15 July 1895 shows as widowed
                          47 Glebe Street Brentford, also a painter and decorator, born 1 June 1895 wife Florence E

Comment

Oh I like the look of the one in Woolwich - only a day out for dob. So he married and was wediwed all between 1918 and 1939. Is there anyone else living with him in 1939?

Thanks very much Judith
                            Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                              Oh I like the look of the one in Woolwich - only a day out for dob. So he married and was wediwed all between 1918 and 1939. Is there anyone else living with him in 1939?

Thanks very much Judith
                              Charlotte Beard born 13 July 1974 widow housekeeper

Comment

Thanks again Judith - nothing to confirm but this might be him.

Just noticed my rubbish spelling of the word "widowed" above. I must be more jet-lagged than I thought!
                                Linda

Comment

Working...
                                X