1911 Scotland Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Scotland Census

Would anyone be able to do a look up on the 1911 Scotland census for me please?

I'm looking for Anthony Cusack a Masons' labourer and his wife Margaret and family. I'm looking to see where and when he and his wife were born on 1911 Scotland Census. I have him born in Co Mayo..according to his birth certificate!

Ancestry.com doesn't show the 1911 Scotland Census:(
    teresa

What years were they born? Do you have them on 1901 census somewhere?
    I had a quick look on 1911 Scotland census and nothing coming up with those names or variants. What makes you think they would be on the Scotland census?
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

He was aged 23 when they married in in RC Church Glasgow 1908 and she was 18.
      His surname could be Cusick in Scotland but, not sure. I now there was a mix up with my aunty's husband' surname . recorded as John Cusick when he was born in Glasgow 1909. Yet James was married as a Cusack in Dublin.
      teresa

Comment

CUSACH
        MARGARET
        F
        644/17 66/ 16
        Gorbals
        Lanark

Can only see this one at the moment - could she be a daughter?

we crossed posted - this one would be too old.
        Last edited by Katarzyna; 30-05-17, 17:45.
        Kat

Comment

CUSICK
          JOHN
          M
          1908 cannot see one for 1909.
          644/15 1240
          Hutchesontown
          Hutchesontown is a district in the Scottish city of Glasgow. It is situated south of the River Clyde and forms part of the Gorbals.

Who is James?
          Kat

Comment

Found Him!
            1911 CUSACK, ANTHONY (Census 644/15 3/ 20) 27 Lamplighter for Corporation born Ireland

Maggie 25
            John 2
            James 1
            Anthony 1month

All born Glasgow

Living Hutchesontown
            Last edited by Katarzyna; 30-05-17, 18:06. Reason: added info
            Kat

Comment

This is probably him in 1901.
              Residents of a house 20 in Sraheen (Aghagewer South, Mayo)
              Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses
              Cusack John 50 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Co Mayo Shoemaker and Farmer Cannot read Irish and English Widower -
              Cusack Anthony 20 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Mayo Farmer's Son Read and write Irish and English Not Married -
              Cusack Mary 21 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Co Mayo Farmer's Daughter Cannot read Irish and English Not Married
              Kat

Comment

Just looked at Anthony's marriage certificate again 1908, and his Surname is spelt as Cusick and spouse was Margaret Dunn Registration District. Hutchesontown.
                Their firstborn child was James born Nov 1909, not John as in my other post...My mistake sorry!
                My timer went off for our dinner and I didn't do a check before posting..

James Cusack (or Cusick in Scotland) was married to my aunty Sheila E Pollard in Dublin 1937. According to my cousin, his Grandfather Anthony did have a son Anthony too but he was born 1912 so wouldn't be on the 1911 Scotland Census
                teresa

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                  This is probably him in 1901.
                  Residents of a house 20 in Sraheen (Aghagewer South, Mayo)
                  Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses
                  Cusack John 50 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic Co Mayo Shoemaker and Farmer Cannot read Irish and English Widower -
                  Cusack Anthony 20 Male Son Roman Catholic Co Mayo Farmer's Son Read and write Irish and English Not Married -
                  Cusack Mary 21 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Co Mayo Farmer's Daughter Cannot read Irish and English Not Married
                  Yes I do think that is the same Anthony Cusack and his father was John Cusack recorded as a shoemaker on Anthony's Marriage Certificate and on Anthony's Death Certificate in Aug 1959 Glasgow aged 80.
                  Anthony Cusack was born July 1879 at Sraheen, Westport, Co. Mayo
                  teresa

Comment

Their first born was John not James born 1908 the year they married - all three boys are on the 1911 census as in post#6

CUSICK
                    JOHN
                    Male
                    644/15 1240
                    Hutchesontown

CUSICK
                    JAMES
                    Male
                    644/15 1607
                    Hutchesontown

CUSICK
                    ANTHONY
                    Male
                    644/15 521
                    Hutchesontown
                    Kat

Comment

Does the Scottish website give the Mother's Maiden name like they do on the England and Wales Birth Registrations?
                      My cousin is not aware that his father James had an older brother.
                      teresa

Comment

Yes the MMN is Dunn . Luckily I have a few credits left that I don't need so this is the image:
                        john cusick.jpg
                        Kat

Comment

Thank you so much Kat, that brilliant.

Can you tell me the new website address for scotlands people as I think I will register with them? I clicked on one that I found and it mention a new website.
                          teresa

Comment

This is the one I have always used, Teresa. I don't think anything has changed.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                              This is the one I have always used, Teresa. I don't think anything has changed.

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Thanks!
                              teresa

Comment

Working...
                              X