Can't find Marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find Marriage?

Can't seem to locate the marriage between John William Foster B 1871 Notts Gonalston & Annie Hartshorn B 1861 Notts Epperstone. On the 1891 census they are living with there respective families whilst on the 1901 & 1911 they are living, and married, with Annie's father Thomas. The 1911 gives a marriage date of 1897 but i can't find it.

Andrew

Maybe Annie was a widow? She is much older than John. There is a john William Foster marries in Notts in 1896. One possible bride is Annie Pacey, is there a clue there?
    Sorry not to be able to be more detailed, just using my iPad mini and I don't find it very easy to do detailed searches!
    Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
      Maybe Annie was a widow? She is much older than John. There is a john William Foster marries in Notts in 1896. One possible bride is Annie Pacey, is there a clue there?
      Sorry not to be able to be more detailed, just using my iPad mini and I don't find it very easy to do detailed searches!
      Anne
      Thanks Anne. From reading the various census i'm taking it that Thomas Hartshorn is her father.

Andrew

Comment

That Pacey marriage Ann put up looks good.
        Edit

There is a GRO reg for Ruth aged 8 in 1871
        Hartshorn, Ruth reg 1863 1st quarter Southwell, Notts mmn Pacey

Pacey, Annie GRO reg 1858 M quarter Southwell, Notts no mmn

Vera
        Last edited by vera2013; 24-05-17, 23:19.

Comment

A Harriet Pacey Married
          1861 1st quarter Southwell, Notts

To Thomas Hartstone or Edward Jackson Boughton

Vera.
          Last edited by vera2013; 24-05-17, 23:30.

Comment

thats blown my theory out of the water I wonder who's child was that Florence K Willies in 1891?
            Willies Florence Hartshorn
            GRO Reference: 1885 M Quarter in Nottingham Volume 07B Page 422 Occasional Copy: A ( dont know what it means by occasional copy)

Comment

Think that was Ruth Hartshorn's child. A Ruth Hartshorn married in 1884 to either George Carter Willies or Liebert Holliday

Vera

Comment

In 1861 census there is an Ann Pacey with grandfather in the same household as Harriet Hartshorn

Pacey, John 61 Head b Epperston
                Harriet Hartshorn, daughter 21, married b Epperston
                Pacey, Ann Grandaughter, 3 b Epperston

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                  A Harriet Pacey Married
                  1861 1st quarter Southwell, Notts

To Thomas Hartstone or Edward Jackson Boughton

Vera.
                  She married Thomas Hartshorn >>>>Epperstone Holy Cross. 17th Feb 1861
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

can you give links to the census records you have found please, not having much luck in the parish records for baptisms, though there are about 5 of them for Epperstone with parents William & Hannah [are these the same as in the census?]
                    Julie

Comment

Anne PACEY d/o Harriett PACEY single woman was bapt 24th Jan 1858 @ Epperstone

Edward HARTSHORN s/o Thomas & Harriett bapt 12 Aug 1861 Buried 15th Aug 1861 @ Epperstone
                      Ruth HARTSHORN d/o Thomas & Harriett bapt 26 Dec 1862 @ Epperstone and she marries 28th Aug 1884 @ St. Saviours Nottingham. [George Carter Willies]

:smilee:
                      Julie

Comment

Thanks all . I must admit i never thought that the marriage of Thomas Hartshorn was a second one, just assumed that Annie was his. So John William Foster married Annie Pacey.
                        Thanks again.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                        X